lunes, 30 de enero de 2012

Bosses Who Love to Create Mini Versions of Themselves

Talking about dreamed jobs, I began to wonder if I had one of those. I’ve been working for 5 years now in Marketing and had become Junior Brand Manager at BDF Peru. With all Personal Care Brands in charge, I decided to let my boss to teach me some useful things. However, he was teaching me too much. Don’t get me wrong, he’s one of the best bosses I’ve ever had.

Unfortunately for him, I am not the ideal person to teach to. Stubborn and a little authoritarian, I felt I was becoming “one from the mold”. The mold my boss had created for someone who works in Marketing and is in charge of deodorants and soaps brands.

Then I asked myself about the relation between a career and the age. For some Psychology authors, adolescence lasts until the age of 27 or 28 now. So, if I was still 26, could it be that maybe I was passing through my last rebelliousness age? Was that the reason why I was thinking of my boss as the one who wanted to create a mini version of him?

So, I thought about growing up. As I say my friends very often: “Grow up, child!”, I did the same with me and start repeating that phrase, over and over again. Until I get to the conclusion that when our body stops growing, we began to see the world just as it is. That’s when we start evolving emotionally and that’s called: Growing Up!

Back at home, I realized I had not evolved in my personal life. I was still a teenager when it came to love, sex and relationships. Eduardo and I had just broken up the week before, and I was already beginning a “new relationship” with Raphael.

Had I taken a quick decision? Was it a mistake, to let Eduardo go? I tried not to worry about the fact if it was a wrong decision or not. But instead of that I was worried about repeating some behavior patterns. A few years in the past I had given up some relationships, when someone new appeared. So, I began to see myself as the compulsive unsatisfied.

Life was going to make an effort and teach me that karma is a strong word and a real fact.

Next chapter: “Karma: What goes around comes around.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario