lunes, 16 de enero de 2012

3 Toothbrushes in a Bathroom: The Beginning of a Bigamic Relationship

My name is Santiago, my story starts when I was living in Lima. 26 years old, single, gay, proud of it, brand manager, comfortable with it, films & writing, dreaming with it.

I’ll skip away 26 years of my live in Bogotá, and I’ll get you directly into the facts.

Just when I was finally having a stable relationship, organized! (we saw each other 4 or 5 times a week), independent, he had his flat, I had mine, and things were heading to what it seemed a normal relationship, one of us had to travel out of town, even worse: out of the country. Unfortunately, for me and for both, it was him, Eduardo, the chef. Not me.

He went to Bogotá, until last year “my city”. One of those boring, endless, lonely days, I decided to go out with my friends and “just hang out”. Well, it turned out to be more than just hanging out.

Raphael, a French guy, decided to make his move. A move he perfectly did, so in two weeks –don’t forget: boring, endless, lonely- my feelings changed and a new fire was starting inside of me. So, I began to wonder: if fire gets closer… are we willing to play with fire even if we were not looking for “it” in the first place? The thing was that this guy was everything Eduardo was not.

By the time I started reacting positively to his charming behavior I asked myself about my strong emotional reactions. Were they part of a hyperactive state? Or could it be that maybe I was responding to recent comparisons?

Suddenly I was having two relationships. It was not my dreamed version of relationships, but one thing was clear, I was OK with it. Raphael was OK with it too, or so he seemed. Eduardo had no idea.

Everything seemed to be OK. I was celebrating my 5th month in Peru and my 5th year of work. I had two relationships. However, it was easy to know things were going to get messy when Raphael decided to leave his toothbrush next to mine and Eduardo’s.

Next chapter: "Once you cross the door, you will never come back”.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario