lunes, 6 de febrero de 2012

Karma: What Goes Around Comes Around

Not having enough time for me, seemed to be the perfect reason to finish my relationship with Eduardo. However, we know it’s not the only one. Giving up on Eduardo was easy because I knew that Raphael was there. What I didn’t know was how much time he would be.

The word Karma may sound familiar to many of you. It has many different meanings, depending on where you are or which religion you practice. So, as I was in Peru, I chose to believe the western culture meaning of “what goes around, comes around”, or in my case: “what comes around, goes around”.

A few days after I had broken up with Eduardo, I tried to set a date with Raphael to announce him my new status. The date never happened. Apparently he was looking for a one-month stand. So, that’s how I realized that Raphael had entered in my life as fast as no one had ever done before and it took him less time to walk away.

That was the perfect example of Karma and how you can lose things from one day to another. Worst of the case, Valentine’s was the week after. I felt how life was smiling at me… in a very ironic way: “Hey, couldn’t you make your mind on one? Well, now you get none. Enjoy Valentine’s!!”

In order to avoid the black hole, I decided to catch up with my friends. We went to a bar, which turned out to be a darkest hole. After one night of party, alcohol and destruction, we decided it was time to do some exercise, eat healthier, and look like Valentino’s male models on Valentine’s.

Our plan never succeeded. Valentino had unnatural standards for models and Valentine’s had no bigger plans, but a dinner with my friends, where I realized that I wasn’t going to accept any artificial things in my life but some flavors of food, not even to look like a Valentino’s male model.

Models were the last thing I needed in my life, and unexpectedly models were the ones who took away Raphael.

Next chapter: “Models: fear them when you don’t know them, hate them when they steal from you.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario